Okie - so Geektastic (DH's name of the day) and I bought a boat last year and during good weather, Cowboy and Geektastic have been fishing maniacs. I have to give them their kudos though, they've caught some big fish. Geektastic and his boss signed up for a tournament that starts Saturday morning at 4am so he's been getting all of his stuff together early.

So today (Friday when I typed this so my ditzoid brain wouldn't forget it) at 5:00pm we are talking about dinner plans and he's all geeked out about his first tourney. It's cute actually, I know he won't get any sleep tonight - as he didn't last night. Anyway, he said "Oh I'm going to need my Lucky Shirt (capitalized because after all...in this house I'm surprised it doesn't have it's own bedroom)". I said "sure, no problem, when you get home (he was going to make it there first) just turn the dryer on to fluff the jeans and fold them up after about 5 mins". He said "and if I don't I just get to wear a dirty shirt?" I told him "no, you'd just be getting the dryer cleared out so that when I get home I can throw the load in the dryer that has Lucky Shirt in it". He said in a jokingly sarcastic voice "Oh yeah, I see where you're coming from, just wait until you have a Mommy Tournament of some sort, I'll make you wear dirty clothes." -cackle-gasp-cackle- I said to him"where do I sign up for THAT? and how is it judged? What are the competitions?" and we just got off on this funny tangent about what I'd have to do to prove I was a good Mommy in the tournament.
So what DO YOU think would be excellent competitions for the Mommy Tournament? Better yet, what would the prize be? After ya'll let me know, I'll be sure to tell you what gems Geektastic and I came up with.
Oh my gosh! SITS has another contest going on that I would love to win! Take a look at Bling bling! at the cool Apple 4G iPod Nano up for grabs!









9 Comments:
I want to enter the Mommy Tournament!!! Let's see - competitions in who can tune out the loudest whiner for the longest time, who can cook a family meal that every member of the family will eat, who can say "NO" in the most languages....that's all i've got! But I can't wait to hear your ideas!! And those are some big fish!
And here's a dumb question - when people put "DH" for their husband, what does the D stand for?
LOL Dawn - *USUALLY* for me it means DARLIN (because as you can guess I have an accent)....but on other days DORK fits better and sometimes he does fall into the category of a stone wall used to DAM up water :>
Ahhh! Thank you! I see it a lot and was just curious!
Thanks so much for Sharing the Comment Love! Are you planning to e-mail Oprah on behalf of Uncle Lynn and Pop'rs? It would be sooooooooo cool if you did! I've got my fingers crossed...
OH
hmm Dh is actually My husband's real initials LOL
I think a diaper changing contest?
how many games of "Candy Land" you can play in a row
how many times you can read "Goodnight Moon" in a row?
Listening to your kid talking about the intricate details of the lives of the imaginary people in the video games without losing your mind
Braiding the hair of a child who is trying to stand on her head? and having it come out straight!
Oh yeah that's right you have boys you are not familiar with that skill huh?
LOL
I am LOL about the shirt
Such good ideas already! I love Dawn's "Tune-Out" competition. I'd win that fo' sho'.
I'd enter the getting the toddler dressed as they run around the room contest...
And I wish I wasn't so good at what's that smell/find the poop... I kick butt at that..
;)
Dawn rocks with her suggestions! Around here it be a MOMMY and Daddy Contest...who is faster at getting the EPI pen! That would be ME 100 percent! I notice the reactions first....Daddy misses the signs! I think you might relate to that???
Post a Comment