You would think I would learn my lesson....

TN is by far the state that I have had the worst allergies in my life. Obviously, that would apply to my boy Itchy as well. He hasn't lived in any other state but I think at least his skin would be a little better. However yesterday, I DID IT AGAIN! I forgot to take my allergy medicine. The funny part about that? Dial-a-nerd (DH) cleaned out my truck the other day and for some unknown reason thought it'd be a GREAT idea to take my stash of "things you MIGHT just need while you're out and about" out of my TRUCK! So that nice little bug spray I keep in there for the times we're out at the football or polo fields was NO WHERE to be found. OK, SO WHAT if every bug in the state of TN came at me like a heat seeking missle, I can survive that, even if I look like I have some weird lumpy skin disease. But the sunscreen was ALSO in that little stash. So imagine this BEAUTIFUL picture, a lumpy, RED skinned, short woman with the nose that won't stop running and the swollen eyes? I'd run too.


Yeah I'm a dork on many levels that usually only aflicts others with my dorkness. Hot Tub Lizzy may be 'her highness', I'm pretty sure I corner the market on dorkness. No offense to the blondes out there, because I know me some VERY smart blondes, but I missed a VERY good chance at fullfilling the destiny to be the stereotypical blonde. I call them my non-blonde moments. I might as well go get a bottle of peroxide and play the part because...>DANG! I'm good.

SO how did Dial-a-nerd do in the fishing tournament? Well, for it being his first tournament I guess he did pretty good. They didn't win, but he did get $115 for THE BIGGEST FISH IN THE WHOLE TOURNAMENT! He caught a 5.45 pound bass and the person that got second place in that category was 4.37. Of course, he thinks since he won $$$ he's now of professional fisherman...ROFL. Either way, I'm proud of him!


As for the Mommy Tournament, ya'll had some AWESOME ideas (Tam I SOOO get the epipen comment). So the ones that Dial-a-nerd and I came up with were these...
  • Puke n' Polish - who can stomach a puking child AND clean up after them without losing their own cookies.
  • Last minute to go - who can get the entire family dressed and out of the house the fastest to church or a function and STILL make it on time. (yeah the making it on time thing throws it off for MANY) I might just win this one. My BIL and I were left at home with 6 kids that weren't dressed by my husband and his sister when their dad passed away. BIL and I realized we only had 30 mins to get us ALL dressed, brushed and looking pretty for the funeral...and BIL was one of the pallbearers. Needless to say we started making a lot of people nervous but we made it.
  • Veggie Secret Agent Mom- who can make the best meal the kids (and hubby) will ask for seconds that fulfills an entire days worth of veggies. Although, my friend just got a cookbook that does an excellent job of hiding veggies in food. I think it's by Seinfelds wife. She said she got a thumbs up from the entire fam on their first meal.
  • Fight-B-Gone - Okie this is an ongoing joke in our family that our friends have adopted as well. When our friends were getting married, she asked me for "how do you always make it work" advice and I told her "when going on a trip or doing house remodeling or repair, be prepared for one verbal argument - it is BOUND to happen - once it's over all is good". I told her that usually mid-argument, Dial-a-nerd or myself bring up "I sure hope this is THE fight because I'm ready to be productive". So, the tourney would HAVE to be some HUGE Disney World family trip that also included remodeling a home.
  • Grocery Zen - take all of your kids with you to the store and have at LEAST one of them not whinin for something by the time you leave.
  • Allergy Terminator - that's what Dial-a-nerd calls me because he says I walk into a room and scan it like Arnold in Terminator when he's naked (oooh la la) and scans everyone to find out which clothes would fit him. So, who can walk into a room with a list of allergies and pinpoint the 'danger zones'. Although, I think this would be a clothed event. LOL
  • Boredom Buster - the mom that can bust the boredom for their children the best in an empty waiting room/examination room for an hour.

That's all I can remember right now. Anyway, thanks a ton for the suggestions!



I'm going to let the world behold my lumpy, red skin and swollen eyes.

4 Comments:

Dawn said...

I love the Mommy tournament ideas!

Dawn said...

I have something on my blog for you. Check it out when you have a chance!

Mary said...

I love it...especially the last minute to go...!

M-A said...

Oh yeah the last minute to go
although I fail at that I always try
I have done a lot of turn around because you have past the comfortable time limit(7 minutes for me) of getting to church LATE