Can ya roll down the window?!?!

SO Cowboy and I were driving to his homeschool supplemental program and we're listening to music...not just listening to it - we're be-boppin - singing to each other, just enjoying our drive regardless of any smirks or looks we get.

He proceeds to ask me "Can I roll down the window?"

What??? I turned off the stereo so I could hear him.

"Can I roll down my window?"

"Well of course not, it's FREEEEEEZING outside"

I turned back on our be-boppin tunes...I look in the mirror and see he's pouting. Oh that boils my skin! There will be NO pouting.

"Get over it Cowboy, you're not rollin' the window down, now don't let it ruin your day....or mine."

"But I just want to roll my window down" Can you SEE the steam coming out of my ears?!?!

"What on earth did I just say?!!? Drop it - don't ask me again - stop pouting and lets enjoy our ride to school."

I turned the music on AGAIN with a sigh and a quick prayer - "please let that be the end of it"

I check in the mirror - he's not pouting anymore - just kind of nodding his head to the beat. Then he said something "Can dkgalkjgdfh;lasdfkjh?"

"WHAT??" I turned it off again.

"What did you say sweetie?"

"Can God hear through windows? Because I just want to sing and worship Him and make sure He hears me. Can He hear through windows?"

BEEESHEEEEEOUUUUUP Yeah that's the sound of me feeling about the size of an ant.

"Yes dear - he can hear through windows but if you think it'll help - roll down your window and worship Him"

So for all of those people in the Nash on this freezing morning that heard Toby Mac blaring in the streets and a little boy rock'n out this morning - join in next time - just roll down your window. ;>

11 Comments:

BBB said...

Holy Cow Cowboy.... that was either the most incredibly sincere sweet thing, or the most con-artist coniving thing (with Cowboy I'm sure it was A... had it been essie... I'd vote for b)

Jo-Jo said...

OH! Cowboy brought tears to my eyes!

Stacy said...

I love toby Mac. I have it on my iPod to run with. It really keeps me going when I want to quit.

Vanessa Rogers said...

I would have to agree about the windows staying up! Not only for the cold, but the wind is deafening!

CaraBee said...

I'm with Lizzy, I can't help but wonder that Cowboy did some quick thinking and knew what would get mom to let him open the window. Smart kid. :)

Carla said...

AWww....

Tam said...

tooooo sweet! FOR my LITTLE NATIVES HOWEVER...I have to VOTE B with Lizzy...I know my boys..LOL

Susie said...

Toooooo cute!!! What a sweet little dedicated boy you have. That's awesome!

Jenny said...

Too sweet! And I'm sure he brought a smile to the face of anyone driving by who heard him!

Tracy P. said...

That is so sweet! My son listens to the Christian radio station while "falling asleep", and he rocks out all the time at the top of his lungs. He did that in church the other day and my daughter was mortified.

prashant said...

I love toby Mac.
Banner Advertising Network India