I've never been big on nicknames - I mean I've been called different names throughout my life - not all of them have been vulgar either, but I've never held onto a name that long. Itchy has earned a new nickname in his classroom this year since he's one of two with his name. Let's just say that it sounds like Pace but more like the Windu variety. Only those Star Wars fans will understand that one. He thinks it's cool and it's something we've always called him...but to have his whole class call him that, he gets a kick outta it. I wouldn't prefer that he have a nickname but I would much rather him have that than being called first and last name or first and last initial...or just last name or even just by the first letter of his last name (like hubby does at work).
Cowboy had a birthday party two years ago where we used a secret agent theme. When each child got there, they drew a secret codename out of a bowl, put on a derby hat, a mustache and I took pictures of them and made them secret agent ID badges. So we've also had the secret codename going around too. For the record - Cowboy was Tumbler and Itchy was Digger. I think I ended up being FireStar and Hubby was Mustang. Even here on the blog I've handed out the nicknames - Cowboy and Itchy. I occassionally call them by those names IRL too.
Each member of the First Family receives a codename for Secret Service purposes. Former first codenames include the Clinton family, who were referred to as Eagle (Bill) and Evergreen (Hillary), and the Bush family which was Tumbler (George W.), Tempo (Laura) and Sheepskin (George Sr.).
The Obamas now have codenames beginning with the letter R. Barack Obama will now be known as Renegade. Michelle as Renaissance, Malia as Radiance and Sasha as Rosebud. I personally think Maverick would have been a good one too o;>. Ok, I *HAD* to do that - sorry.
Seriously - I found it hilarious that Cowboy had the same secret code name that George W has. Afterall, he thinks he's the president of this house. I also get a big kick out of Sheepskin for Sr. Why does that sound so wrong to me? It almost sounds like an insult. And don't you think there is SOMEONE on the force that BAA's everytime they say his name? Even if they do it mentally - it's not the prettiest picture.
Anyway - I answer to all nicknames - so do my kids because I call them various things - they have a laundry list. At least I don't think anybody can make animal sounds after they use my nicknames....ok...maybe the clean ones :>
America, the Beautiful
3 months ago








6 Comments:
That's cute about the nicknames! Glad to see you around!
Maverick! That would have been genius! HAHAHAHA!
Very cute!
we used to call Mapboy "Butt boy" because he slept all scrunched up with his butt in the air actual;ly DH still calls him BB but the boy doenst know why LOL.
also Messy makes everyone call her by her nickname, which is just how she said her name when she wasn't speaking so well KWIM? when people call her by her real name she will say "will you please call me____" funny huh?
I had heard the code names and thought that was a joke LOL I didn't know they really did that ROFL
My daughter has so many nicknames that I sometimes worry that she won't know what her real name is. I've never really had one.
I never had a nickname either, and at one point it made me a tiny bit sad, but not sad enough to come up with the nicknames for my kids...except katie, who gets stuck with Katie-bug. LOL
too funny about the presidential nicknames. I agree, Maverick would have been hilarious.
FUNNY FUNNY POST! I like this lots!
Post a Comment