Fx4 and a whole lotta thanks.

It's FRIDAY!! (OK, well not technically...but close enough) That means it's Candid Carrie's Fantastic Funtastic Friday Foto Finish Fiesta. When you're done here...go check out it out!

Dear Neenee,

Hi, it's me, mom to Cowboy and Itchy and savior of your a$$ quite often. I've been gathering my thoughts, cleaning the house and doing some soul searching. During my soul search I have focused on being thankful for the little things in life. Then there you were, on the floor, under the kitchen table, just BEGGING to get impaled by a chair leg later when the boys got home. I went through my mental checklist and for the life of me don't see a year or check by your name as having been given thanks. I now realize the error of my ways and I would like to make amends for my omission of thanks the previous years.

Who would have known that the Easter Bunny, of all people, would bring a family angel into our lives in 2002. I do want to apologize for forgetting to put a blue bow on you like I...err the Easter Bunny promised in the store. I bet that was upsetting to wake up Easter morning and realize for the rest of your days you were going to be a girl.....oops, sorry bout that. However, Cowboy was so excited to see your cute little face, he immediately became attached to you, pink bow and all. Let's not forget how you got your name. At the time when Cowboy got you, he was 4 years old and his speech was still very bad. Instead of repeating Bunny - he could only say Neenee. It warped into Deedee at some point when Cowboy got his sounds confused - but you have always gone back to Neenee.

I must say though - for a clump of fiberfill, some furry fabric and a pink bow, you have been a rock in this family. You stand watch over my boys and never complain. You get stepped on, dropped, thrown and tugged every which way at least a gazillion times a day - yet you still maintain your sweet demeanor and slight smile. I've sewn you up, washed you and done my best to keep you safe. You've had COUNTLESS things spilled on you - not to mention suffered a few bleeding wounds. Yeah sorry about that too - those few months when Cowboy would get bloody noses in his sleep, who knew a boy could bleed so bad? Also - who knew you could soak up so much of it?? I'm sure it was quite a surprise when I whipped out version 2 of you and put version 1 in a box. I told Cowboy I gave you a bath - you looked WONDERFUL DAHLING...never better. Those next few weeks you didn't get the sleeping love you usually do since we had you sitting on the night stand watching over him every night. Thanks for helping keep him calm. You've also been to numerous doctor appointments, speech, OT and PT appointments and several hospital visits. You've helped keep us...I mean, them, calm through several procedures and if you aren't involved, you're the first thing they ask for. You definitely helped them keep from getting scared in MANY situations. When I was so sick this year and last, the boys gave me the honor of sleeping with you since you are so good at making people better. You have influenced much laughter and also been the reason for several arguments and time outs. You're one busy bunny! I'm just glad that we actually had enough wits about us to purchase all of your doubles from the shelves in 2003.

I'm happy when Cowboy got too old for you, three years ago, Itchy took responsibility of making you as his lovey too. Oh that reminds me...yeah - TERRIBLY sorry about that whole night time potty training with Itchy....that was a tough one wasn't it??? I guess that explains Version 3 and Version 4. Dang you get upgraded just about as much some software!

Regardless, I just wanted to say thanks for your contribution towards our family unit and dynamics. I have to admit - you are a cute little bunny...but it's been almost 3 years since your version 4 update and you're starting to look a bit...well..rough to be honest.



You're stuffing has gotten all wompajawed from being held in the center, NICE BUTT! Your fur is all clumpy now and your bow, well I'm not sure we could call that a bow anymore...maybe a wadded knot.

We have been TIRELESSLY trying to purge items from this house and in the midst of it - we have to make some pretty harsh decisions. The boys have gotten rid of some stuffed animals from the annual GrandEasterBunnyParent gift box. We've taken pictures of each of them so we can remember them...but I certainly don't want you to end up like Yellow Bunny as pictured below, R.I.G. (rest in Goodwill). So please, do you think you can hang in there for maybe another year?? I'm all out of versions and I'm not sure you can handle another full wash. Oh and while you're at it - make sure the boys don't look in the shoeboxes under my bed - where you'll find v1, v2 and v3. That might REALLY bring up an awkward moment.


Love you....
The bunny wrangler and only other female in the house...Mama Nik


R.I.G. 2008

22 Comments:

RBK's Realm said...

What a lovely tribute! For a bit, I thought you were talking about a real bunny till I caught on... And your little boy is beautiful!

Swirl Girl said...

The first photo makes it seem like an actual rabbit...then the chewed up one, not so much!

what a nice tribute to you 'pet'.

thanks for coming over to see me!

Jennifer said...

Aw--that is a well-loved bunny!! That first pic is just so adorable! Happy Friday!!

Susie said...

I love this post! It makes me feel warm and fuzzy (pardon the pun:-)

wendy said...

What a cutie pie!! :)

BBB said...

Awww... NeeNee... you sweet beautiful thing... with the stuffing loved out of you... what a wonderful job you have done, raising those beautiful boys... you have served them well...

The Rule Maker said...

OOOOOOHHHHHHH! Good Bunny!

hexe said...

Thanks for visiting :)

The picture of your son and his bunny just makes me smile. My daughter has a bunny too, and your tribute made me laugh at all the time we have relied on our bit of cloth and fluff.

Tam said...

I am laughing so hard. We have about 8 versions of my sons beloved lovey! He is 2...I relate so so so much to this post! LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

Aww, what a sweet and well-loved toy. Thanks for visiting my blog today!

debi9kids said...

What a sweet bunny! Obviously very well loved!
Happy FFF!

Jo-Jo said...

Oh my gosh! I love your post and I believe my dear, I am going to follow you! Yes that is such a big reward! (snicker)

We had version 1-6 of a Beta fish. The last one didn't look so much like the others and I had to tell my step-son that his daddy cleaned the tank that is why he looked so much brigher! (snicker again!)

CaraBee said...

I thought you were talking about a real pet, too! Then I saw that first picture and I was like, "Real? Stuffed? Must be stuffed, cause that is the strangest looking live bunny I've ever seen." Great letter!

Anonymous said...

Awww....how cute. What a nice letter! I've had to buy "versions" for my dogs...but not my son...YET! Thanks for the good reminder though!

Anonymous said...

What a cute post! I also thought that it was a real bunny!

Candid Carrie said...

I really need to have more people squeezing me around the middle because I could use a waistline like NeeNee has in the picture.

Great tribute.

Teri said...

My oldest son had Bunny. I tried to introduce Clean Bunny, but my son would have nothing to do with it. He preferred Stinky Bunny. I washed Stinky Bunny several times a week, performed sewing surgery on him numerous times, and rescued him from under way behind the bed when we thought for sure he had been lost forever.

Cute story. Found you on Candid Carrie.

Glenda, saved by grace said...

such a sweet tribute.
happy Friday!

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

:) That was great...you need to print that out and save it for when he gets older! They bunny has been through SO MUCH! :)

Bettina said...

Waaaaaay sweet! I love it and so will those boys...thanks for stopping by for my Friday Flashback and camp is a HUGE step but one we tackled and never looked back, she even went to camp in Switzerland when we lived in Italy, that was T-O-U-G-H but she loved it and had a fabulous time!

Carla said...

Oh how sweet that NeeNee is. *sniff* I too should do a blog post like this. I really truly should.

LOVED this.

Also loved R.I.G. Yeah. stealing that one like I did Mount Washmore and Mount St.Fold-Me. As well as RIAGO.

You are one GREAT Mommy.

Jane In The Jungle said...

I just love NeeNee v1, v2,v3 and v4!! This is great, LOL.
Thanks for stopping by Friday.