*gulp*

What have I done?!?!?! WHAT HAVE I DONE!?!? I volunteered for something weeks ago - I think it was the end of September to be exact and the date is upon me tomorrow and I'm regretting my decision IMMENSELY. Of course, if I had made any other decision it would effect another person so I guess I had no choice.

What is this awful task you ask?!

I signed up for a field trip

with the whole first grade - oh yeah - FIRST GRADE

to go to the Tennessee Aquarium.

That's an hour and a half drive from here.

*blinks* yeah I said 1.5 hours! 90 mins - 5400 seconds - ONE WAY

We have to be at the school in the gym by 6:15 AM (YES A.M.!!)

We will load up on chartered buses - THANKFULLY - so the kids will get to watch a movie on the way there and back. I picked up Wall-E for the ride home and they get Nemo on the way there.

We should get home at about 4-4:30.

Thankfully our class has PLENTY of chaperons since the aquarium is always busy. We should each get only 3 or 4 kids to watch over and we''ll all meet up later. But sheeesh - the whole bus thing is going to be NUTS. Itchy couldn't have gone if I didn't simply because of the food allergy situation. Monitoring a new environment and keeping him safe comes with more burden and not one I'm comfortable with putting in the eyes of someone that doesn't deal with it on a daily basis. The school would have provided a nurse to go with him (well I would have forced them to) but I still feel more comfortable helping out myself.

So ya think taking a bottle of tequila is a bad thing??? Yeah - you're right - 6:15 might be a bit early for that - how about Valium??? I could always clean the bottle on the way home.

------------------------------
Oh and by the way, for those that were wondering - the Cowboy tooth fairy saga, I said "it must have been because you had already 'gone to bed' and she didn't get the message you had lost one".

He had a horseback riding lesson later that day and his instructor came and gave him a hug. He IMMEDIATELY told her he lost a tooth - showed her the lovely gaping gum hole and she said "AWESOME!! How much did the tooth fairy bring you?!" Yeah when he said "The tooth fairy didn't come last night" all eyes were on me....I'd say there were 6 people in the room. Yeah - DEEELISH! That's a warm and fuzzy "Mom of the Year" feeling for ya. All I could do was cover my face and shake my head. Thankfully he explained that he had already been in bed and that's why she couldn't come - but DANG! It's one thing if *I* confess the error of that slacker fairy - but for him to rat her out....OUCH!

11 Comments:

L G said...

At least you get to ride the bus. Our 4th grade did the trip a couple of weeks ago and the parents had to drive themselves. ugh.

I went to work instead. lol.

Tracy P. said...

Oh good heavens. My daughter found a tooth on the floor the other day when she was cleaning that the tooth fairy had neglected to redeem weeks ago. Sometimes the tooth fairy gets back logged, ya know!

BBB said...

At least it's a charter.. can you imagine that in a SCHOOL bus???????

I'm the worlds WORST tooth fairy... REALLY... REALLY BAD... But come to think of it no one has lost a tooth around here in quite some time....

Jo-Jo said...

Field Trips make glad my boys are one and two and that I am Tanners step-mom....leave the field trips for his mom to figure out.

Susie said...

Oh how fun!!! I can't wait to go on field trips!! The pumpkin farm was really fun and I think we are doing the zoo in the spring:-)

Jenny said...

The tooth fairy story is too funny! And, uh, have fun on the field trip! That sounds like it will be a delightful experience!

Rhea said...

Man, that's quite a field trip! With first graders nonetheless. They get wild with energy about bus rides. Good luck!

Carla said...

Field Trips . . . I used to think of them as this speacial place that only special people go to . . . I'm frightened at the thought that my little one gets to experience one the end of this year . . . but you did well!

Oh and the toothfairy, too funny.

Thanks for popping on by Wednesday. I was smiling all day. :)

Carla said...

So, did you survive?! LOL

and OUCH on the tooth fairy ratting out!

CaraBee said...

Thank goodness for the charter buses! When I was a kid, we only ever got to take the yellow school buses. Imagine a two hour drive with a bunch of jittery first graders in one of those. Yikes!

prashant said...

can't wait to go on field trips!
Banner Advertising Network India