With Halloween quickly approaching, I thought I'd share some of the boys' past Halloween costumes. Any pictures "pre-Itchy" are on another computer so ya'll are saved from the full bombardment - rest assured I will make you suffer another day through them. Cowboy has never liked having stuff on his head or face (thankfully he's MUCH better now). Every Halloween was an adventure - and betting game - one whether he would actually wear the costume he picked and tried on or we would have to alter it in some way.
2002 Cowboy had a different costume that year, he was going to be a fireman - when it came time to wear it he acted like it burned his skin. Not the kind of FIREman we had discussed - I told him you're NOT actually ON fire - you put OUT fires. Didn't work, so I ran quickly and grabbed a white sweatshirt (he would wear those hoods) and made Sharpie spots (didn't need to have scent dogs around us then - you could find us anywhere) and cut up a black tshirt to make the ears. Itchy based on dates is 2 months here? That doesn't seem right at all - he's gargantuan! Regardless - anyone for "light as a feather, stiff as a board"?
2003 - this seems right - Itchy would have been 14 months here - he's got the girlie curlies workin. Also - even though I got a smile out of Cowboy - he is LOATHING every second he has that helmet on. Notice the hands are READY to rip it off his head.
2004 - Yeah Cowboy wants to get the stuff off of his face and the hat off.
2005 LOL poor Cowboy - that mask stayed on all of 5 mins. Itchy was in HEAVEN - he loved being able to take his lightsaber around. The mask didn't stay on the whole trip of trick or treating but he did good. Plus the cape was just long enough on his costume that it floated/dragged just like it does on Vader in the movie. 
2006
I have no clue where this picture is - I'll have to look through old archives someday. Cowboy was Flash Gordan and Itchy was a Storm Trooper. Itchy didn't want to wear the helmet and of course NOBODY knew what he really was without the mask.
2007 - this was the year he went trick or treating with Friendgirl and she was the Bride of Dracula (yeah, remember I said they were an old married couple - I guess the real truth of how long they've been married came out last halloween). The only thing Cowboy lost was the teeth before they went trick or treating.
2008
Itchy is going to be a ninja and Cowboy is going to be a Gladiator. What are your kiddos going as??
If you'd like to join in the Friday Foto Fun Fiesta - please go take a look at Carries site to see how to enter. ENJOY!
America, the Beautiful
2 months ago








22 Comments:
The first one is my favorite! They are too cute!
thanks for sharing and coming by today!
Much Love
Anissa
Love all the costumes! They are soo cute!
My Bean is going as pink skeleton, Bug is going as an army man, and Lil Miss is going to be raggedy ann!
Hope you have a great halloween!!
I love how you match them up!! Graham was a cow for his first Halloween.. he's going as Spiderman this year and Dottie is going as a tiger.
LOL - I was going to do this post today but forgot to send the pictures to work!!
They are so dang cute!!!
Aww! I love it! So stinking cute!
Aww! I love it! So stinking cute!
Too cute, Nik! I love Halloween pics! Lil is going as a Goth Mummy and Beetle is going as Mulan ... and naturally, there will be pictures to share. Ü
Oh my gosh!! Those are GREAT costumes!!
Your boys are beautiful - Looking at their pictures, makes me realize how fast time flies as my son who I used to take trick or treating is a six footer now and I wonder where all those years went- so you are right to enjoy every minute with them!
Great costumes! Can't wait to see this years! I am struggling with what to dress our daughter as for a Halloween party we're going to next Saturday. Like Cowboy, Sophie HATES things on her head, so that is pretty limiting. I guess this means I'm going to have to get creative.
Man does this bring back memories...Most of the time my boys were somethiing I threw together.
I bet these little cuties get lots of treats!
They are so cute. I especially loved the cows.
Such fun...yea for you actually being able to find all those photos.
Oh those are all so cute!! I like the way they match in some of them!
Neat photos...
I never experienced Halloween until I moved over here to the US.
It's not a tradition in New Zealand, but, according to my daughter, it is slowly catching on. I love the idea..
I wanted my boys to be Alivn, Simon, and Theodore. They are not going for it! Cute pics!
Great quick thinking on the Sharpie costumes, mom! You have such adorable boys.
Cute! These are all great costumes...
This year, Drama Princess is going to be a witch (but a cute one, not a scary one) and Little Miss is a Bratz cheerleader.
I love Halloween, especially when we got to dress up all the kids in coordinating costumes. That didn't last long enough for me, though.
Great photos!
How creative for the 1st year...a sharpie....now that is brilliant!!
Ky does not know what she wants to be/dress up as.....we always have such drama the week before...trying to come up with something creative. She doesn't like having a costume that others will, but somehow, that is how it always works out. Go figure.....HA!
Oh...and thanks for stopping in to see me the other day....
***smile***
Love the pics! Costume pics are some of my absolute faves. The puppy dogs are my fave. :-)
Post a Comment