General Babbling...

Not much going on here except I'm on cruise control.

The weather FINALLY feels like Fall today!! WHEEEEHAWWW! We have gone from high's in the mid to upper 80's to high of 71 today. YIKES! I don't have the right clothes pulled out of bins yet for this! Guess that will be my task for the day.

I finally sent Cowboy's football coach an email about what an a$$ he's been. The first line of his response "you are absolutely correct". Well of course I am dingus! I didn't spend a good 5 hours working on an email to be wrong. I would have sent it to the football director of the program...but he IS the director. At the Tue practice the week before they had told Cowboy to go work on this position with your dad at home for the game on Saturday - then worked him again on Thur in the same position - but didn't play him in the game in that position. He DID get to play a WHOPPING 50 seconds though! Yeah, you don't give my boy FALSE HOPE - MAMA BEAR WILL WHIP UP ON YA! At practice last night, the coach came over and THANKED me for the email and reminding him what is really important on the field. I believe his email said something like "if only more parents would communicate like you do....blah blah blah" Whatever - go blow smoke up someone elses wazoo, it won't work on me - you done pissed me off! Of course last night on the way to practice I told Cowboy he better play his little heart out because he had something to prove last night...the coaches were going to be watching him pretty close (he didn't know about the emails). They did too - it was a TOUGH practice, kids getting hurt, Cowboy was bleeding in 3 different places and two kids actually got into a scuffle. I am HAPPY...no wait ecstatic to report - Cowboy showed up to play last night - he was hittin hard, knock'n people around and really showed he DESERVES more play time. And for those that remember the problems we had with a coach two years ago...yeah it's the same coach. We had a different one last year. It'll be interesting to see how much play time he gets in Saturday's game.

Dawn - you had asked how The Muz got her name? Well when my oldest cousin (you know, the one that determines the name of the grandparents?) called her grandmother, she could only say grandMuzzy and it stuck. So for years and years and years we all called her Grandmuzzy. It turns out, once you are grown and get married, you somehow drop the Grand and just call her Muzzy. For purposes of the blog - since she had the BAD TO THE BONE koozie - I thought that The Muz gave her more street cred. LOL

I'm*STILL* sick and I'm downright angry about it. No sympathy please, just send cough drops. I've already been on one round of antibiotics and if I'm not better by tomorrow, I'll go get a different flavor. I went through this a few years ago when I had pneumonia and while I'm not that sick yet - I'll be there soon I'm sure.

Because I've been sick and exhausted, I have been a master slacker on handing out comment love. I'm terribly sorry ladies. I have been keeping up with ya'll, I just haven't been able to comment. I do all of my whacko schedule stuff, come home, crash, wake up, do more whacko schedule stuff, crash again....etc. We went to church Sunday and I came home, went to sleep - slept all day Sunday (except for when Nerdfish brought me lunch and dinner) and then slept late Monday morning. Thankfully Cowboy woke me up at 10am and reminded me we had school before it got too late. Since I homeschool Cowboy, calling in a sub isn't an option..

I'm also trying to help out my good friend that's been afflicted with Bells Palsy. I'm picking her kids up at Itchy's school every day and taking them home...helping out where I can. I know if I had it, I wouldn't want to be seen outside of the house. She did take THE medicine that is supposed to make the time you're face is paralyzed much less - for her sake, I hope so - it's driving her nuts. We DO talk on the phone quite a bit lately since we can't get out and do fun stuff together. I'm amazed we can understand each other on the phone with me hackin' and her talking with half her mouth. I may surprise her with some cheap mexican food for lunch tomorrow.....and lots of napkins. LOL We might have to call ourselves drool'n hack sisters.

I've seen the news and I sure hope the ladies in ATL and the Carolinas get some good gas flow soon. Nothing is worse than sitting in those gas lines and wondering where you're going to get your gas. GOOD LUCK! I also heard the gas lines are back up to 100% over there...we went from 85% of the gas station WITHOUT gas to only 50% in a day...hopefully your recovery will be that quick. Man, imagine those tanker drivers....do you think they are being stalked?

I guess I'll end it here - like I said, nothing major going on - just cruise control. I hope everyone has a good rest of the week and weekend!

11 Comments:

oº˚ Homeschool Mom˚ºo said...

Hey Nik -- you never go back to me about doing a blog design for you! Just e-mail me or leave a comment if you still want! Thanks for coming by today -- much love --
Anissa

T said...

I hope you start feeling better super quick! That stinks to feel that bad for so long!

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Being sick stinks...I especially was chuckling about your football ravings...being a football mom myself, been there, done that. :)

Rhea said...

Your cruise control sounds exhausting! I like the way Muz got her name. I'm sorry about your friend, but that's great you're helping her out.

Sounds like the football coach is a dick. We love our football coach, thank goodness, but we have some problems with the refs and head of our league because they played my son's team UP a level and we're getting CREAMED at every game. That's very discouraging for a brand new team. :o(

Anyway, I love your blog! The design and colors are WONDERFUl. I love purple.

taratoons said...

Thanks for popping in to visit Nebraska today! Your week sounds exhausting to me... I'm glad you emailed your son's football coach. He sounds like a real jerk!!

Dawn said...

I'm glad you sent the email and that it was taken well by the coach. You never know if you'll make things better or worse by complaining, so i'm glad that worked out. Thanks for sharing the Muz story! I hope you feel better soon!

Aunt Julie said...

We're finally getting cooler weather overnight--I've been waiting for Fall weather for a couple of weeks now. With the drop in temps the leaves will start to change--I sure love this time of year!

CaraBee said...

That sounds pretty busy to me! Sorry to hear you're still sick. I've got a case of the epizooties myself, as my step-dad would say. That would be a nasty cold in Kansas-ese. Hope you feel better soon!

Shannon said...

Giving granny "street cred"... hilarious!

Way to go Cowboy... hope the situation with the coach gets better!

BBB said...

I wanna be a The Muzz someday...

And PLEASE take care of yourself... I remember when you got sick last time, it wasn't pretty!!!!

Aunt Julie said...

Your life sounds like my life. EXCEPT that You're a Winner in the latest Pop'rs Giveaway Contest! Please stop by my place to see about your prize, and send me an e-mail to let me know which Pop'rs flavors you prefer! Have a GREAT weekend!