FRENT STOP!

For those wondering - I have no CONFIRMATION - but I too figured it had to say FREQUENT STOPs. I found it so funny.

Of course, this also comes from the city that had the highway number written out - and upon entry onto the highway for a good year and a half (right when we moved here, it might have been longer) the highway signs said "welcome to four FOURTY". Yeah we're a city that prides itself on our awesome grammar and spelling abilities.

Thanks for everyone that took a guess!

5 Comments:

Dawn said...

That is hilarious!

CaraBee said...

What is sad is that I had to read FOURTY twice before I caught the misspelling. Ha.

Shannon said...

Sounds like a sign my little hick town would have!

For years, a small used car dealer had a sign out front that said "BUY SALE TRADE"... it drove me crazy! I never did find out if the "SALE" was a play on words, like they offered lots of sales or if the sign was really meant to say "BUY SELL TRADE"

BBB said...

There was a sign by where we lived in Tennessee that said "40 acers for sale"

Carla said...

LOL, oh that's too funny - both the 440 sign and the "frent stops" I agree...it's got to be frequent stops.