How white are YOUR whites??

Believe it or not...THANKFULLY it's rained here for the past two days. This area has needed it desperately. Although - rain and sports schedules don't mix too well. Yesterday when I was pulling out Cowboy's practice uniform for tonight, the only one that I had clean was WHITE britches and WHITE shirt. Yeah, I knew this was a disaster waiting to happen too.

So we get the call, as expected, Itchy's soccer practice is cancelled. YAY!! At least he can stay home with Dad and not worry about mud puddles and splashing. However the football freaks of TN feel rain makes for a spiritual experience on the football field so unless there is lightning, there is NO way we are going to cancel practice or a game.

Cowboy jumped out of the truck looking all cute....."oooh watch out for that big puddle behind you - cars are surfing over there"


SO I grabbed my umbrella and my blanket to put on the bleachers - endured the downpour that opened practice up and the CONSTANT drizzle that kept up through most of the practice. We joked that if he came off the field CLEAN and PRESTINE, we knew he didn't work hard. I'd say he worked pretty hard.





Of course, if there was smell-a-vision - you could SMELL the mud and wet grass. When I made him strip on the front porch (oh yes I did! he wasnt' coming into my house!) he had a tan line of mud on his legs. The pictures don't do it justice at all. We were supposed to go out to eat with Friend-girl afterwards but I couldn't possibly take him into a nice restaurant like THAT. I feel like I'm pushing it when I take him in there all sweaty with his football britches on...but coming from Mud-Bowl 2008? Nah.

8 Comments:

Ronda's Rants said...

Oh ...you have brought back memories for me...My oldest son played every sport there was...Football... his favorite! It was fun but I am glad it's done...Football is crazy! Just like you said they will practice in everything but a thunderstorm. He is a cutie!

Jen said...

Too funny! He looks cleaner in the pictures than I would've guessed... pretty good for being in white!

Cristin said...

Graham hates getting dirty, and so far doesn't like sports.... just hoping I don't end up sitting around in the rain....He looks like he had fun though!!!

Shannon said...

"the football freaks of TN feel rain makes for a spiritual experience on the football field"... so true, so true! LOL!

CaraBee said...

Football isn't football without a little mud. I love the stripping on the front porch bit. Classic.

M-A said...

That is funny

Dawn said...

That is too funny! I don't know if mine would have gone along with the front porch stripping lol.

Trooper Thorn said...

Uniforms should be two colors: dirt or blood. Opposing teams alternate between the dirt or blood uni's. Only Div 1 schools and NFL teams can afford to keep those damn things clean.