I've got a cute love story for ya'll which leads to the root of this post. Ok - so Cowboy has had a lasting friendship with a girl he went to school with. You better call her a FRIEND-GIRL because the world comes toppling down and you offend the poor guy if you DARE call her a GIRLFRIEND. Anyway, Friend-girl is an old soul. She's smart beyond her years and sees the bigger picture better than any fourth grader I know. Her mom is cool too - we both see they have a special relationship and we joke that they are an old married couple. It's really hard to describe.
They've known each other since kindergarten when she would draw him pictures and took him under her wing...they weren't even in the same class. His speech has progressed so much since then - I sometimes tease they started out to be such good friends because she could talk his ear off and he wouldn't respond much back. More like the "yes, dear" mentality. In first grade they were in the same class (this is before I started homeschooling) and she always gave him pictures. She's very talented and one day gave him a picture of him and her riding a dragon - he was sitting behind her with his hand on her hip. We had a problem in first grade when the two of them were making out. ROFL ok - so it wasn't really like that but we joked. Cowboy is very loving and would hug and kiss her when he saw her. After all, that's what my husband and I do right? We of course had to put an end to the kissing - they still hug when they say hi/bye. I mentioned that if he felt compelled he could kiss her on her hand like a princess. He explained to me that Cinderella and the other 'girlie' movies aren't just for girls because every princess has to have a prince. Yeah I know - we're molding him to be a hopeless romantic huh? Either that or gay...you can never tell.
Third grade saw Cowboy playing football and Friend-girl cheerleading for his team. We had a weekly "date night" where we would meet her and her mom for dinner and the kids sat on their side and we sat on ours. We hardly ever heard from them, they just kept to themselves, drawing and whispering. On the practice field one night she walked over to the fence, he saw her and came running up and they smiled and talked for a few. Someone elses GRANDMOTHER came over and said "Did you see THAT? Those two have a THANG going on don't they? I could tell they were on cloud 9 when they saw each other". I guess it is obvious.
She's still cheering - although she's moved up to another age group (so her friends' mom could be her coach and help with transport if needed). We still do our Tuesday "date night" though and she comes and watches him play at practice when she's done with her practice. Those primadonna spoiled cheerleaders get done a whole half our before the players do! We do other things with them as well - but it's great he has such a good friend in her.
Last night was date night and Friend-girl drew the cutest picture of her and Cowboy in their Panther gear. Although what WASN'T so cute was Cowboy whispering in her ear...."psssshpsrhi...my mom...pssphsp" then I saw him draw a stick figure. Yes that was my child boasting about the earthshattering talent that his mother possesses to draw stick figures. ROFL! What a stinker! There's no need to reveal my lack of skill to the world. SO what if I can barely write my name without it looking like heiroglyphics. Either way, my skill has been unleashed upon the world...I drew a stick figure by Friend-girls to showcase the art. I'm sorry to say though, I didn't get a picture of it - we're still working out copyright details for my portfolio. *snicker* Regardless, I see NOTHING wrong with my stick figures. I can draw a butterfly too though....*GASP* I know ladies, it's truly amazing to realize you have such an arteeest in your midst. How on earth ya'll ever functioned without such talent in the group - I'll never know...you NEED my stick figures ;>.
The picture Friend-girl drew last night at dinner.
The dynamic duo at Cowboy's birthday party in 2005
At Cowboy's homecoming game in 2006
The first game she cheered at (they didn't have their cheer uniforms yet) 2007.
After a game in 2007 - If she wasn't already spoken for - Itchy would snag her I'm sure.
They got to run across the field before a Vandy game in 2007. Look at the hold he has on her - don't let her go COWBOY!

We saw her when we dropped Itchy off on the first day of school 2008.
Last night at dinner. 2008
America, the Beautiful
2 months ago








15 Comments:
Hi Nik:
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I posted an answer to your question here:
http://athomeredesigns.blogspot.com/2008/08/easy-kitchen-fix-no-cooking-involved.html
It's always hard to know where to post it so someone will see it...
Good luck with your cabinets!
Mary
How sweet! I sure hope Cowboy & Friend-girl remain close friends for a long time.
I'm not much better at drawing. My "portfolio" includes butterflies, ladybugs and flowers. And thats pretty much it.
What a sweet little story. My 9 year old boy would break out in hives if I suggested he even look at a girl. Maybe one day.
You mean to tell me that stick figures are not people too???
Oh my GOSH... How cute will that be on their wedding day at the reception, playing on a loop on a screen behind them....
I like to project.
That is so sweet and so cute!!! I love how he REALLY hugs her and sort of hangs on to her like an adult hug! Thanks for sharing!
SO FUN! SO CUTE!
She is so gonna be your daughter-in-law.
Love the pixes! That gal looks a little like Veggie Mom at that age--just LOVE the freckles. You're guy's a good judge of "character."
That is amazingly precious! So just curious. If you brought your kids to the state fair, what kind of hoops would you have to jump through to accomodate the food allergies?
So cute! Graham has a set of sisters he hangs out with... they fight over which one is his girlfriend... so stinkin cute.
I gave you an award on my blog - check it out when you have a chance!
That is the cutest story ever! I just love little boy-girl stories. I'm sure you've though about it, but how cute would it be if they got married someday. Now that would be one heck of a love story!
That is so sweet!!! I'd say you've got a future daughter in law. Can you imagine??? What a neat story they'd have.
Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day...the winner is up.
Have a great weekend!
How sweet! They make a very attractive couple.
I also attended the same art class as you, stick figures 101! It was challenging, but I passed (barely)!
I am so in love with this tale of friendship my heart is simply swelling... Then to look at the pictures, oh my! They are just the cutest couple EVER! Please note, I don't throw compliments around like that without REALLY meaning it!
:-)
Those photos are precious... a keepsake for you and for them.
Too sweet.
Post a Comment