CHOOO CHOO Friday Foto Fun Train!

I thought I'd join in the Candid Carrie Friday Foto Fun Fiesta Train!

This is a picture of Cowboy and I. We were at a horse jumping event where he had ridden as the honor guard the previous year, but he was going to tack the horses and 'pass the flag on' so to speak this year. It was SOOOOO hot and of course he wanted to go see all of the horses in all of the stalls so we started walking around. As I feel the sweat starting to collect in various places I think "DANG! I better hurry and get a picture of us before we melt" and so I found a fence post (by a gate) and did the 'ole timer method.





The memories that are stacked with this photo will always be precious. The timer of course is only 10 seconds so that meant I had to set the camera, RUN around the one link of fence, through the gate, run AROUND the tree and jump behind him so my head was even with his, AND look lovely and calm. What was funny, he kept moving so we'd get shots of half of me or the other side...half of him. We took this picture 10-15 times, I kid you not, while laughing the whole time. I finally had to put a piece of grass on his shoes and told him if he knocked it off I'd tackle him and tickle him to pieces. While the first few pictures have my hair nice and brushed - this one has my hair all wompajawed and starting to show the buckets of sweat that eventually melted us later in the day.



and just because I love it too...this is the picture of him as the honor guard the year before.

21 Comments:

JWilson said...

Those are both beautiful pictures and I love how you got him to hold still! Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment.

Candid Carrie said...

Oh, I had a giggling fit reading about the first picture. You have got some tenacity, woman.

And then a giant audible gasp when I saw the same boy on the horse, so tall and proud and yes you can see the sweat by his forehead.

Thanks so much for sharing, and for finding us!

This Mom said...

thanks for visiting you have a beautiful son. I wish I could let my kids ride.

Susie said...

You have such a beautiful family and that picture is a keeper.

Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog today. Your comment was very flattering. Thanks:-)

KatBouska said...

You guys look so sweet together...that one's a keeper! And he's a good looking little guy!!

Thanks for your nice words on my blog!

Mom In Progress said...

Great pics! You have some very hansome boys there. I am so jealous he posed for such a great picture with you. What a sweetheart.

Michelle said...

Great photo! Thanks for sharing it and telling how it came into existence.
Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a nice comment. I had the opportunity to read your older posts today. I feel a very strong connection with you. I have children with food allergies also (not to the extreme nature of your sons). My oldest son is also allergic to latex. It makes traveling fun!

must not be blank said...

What beautiful pictures!! And I love the names you give your children! They are way more original than "Thing 1 and 2".

Hippie Family... said...

what a cutie, and I do mean both of you!

Sara said...

Aaww... that's a cute story. Those are the kind of things you want to hang on to!

Lori said...

Oh my GOODNESS what a handsome young man! He's probably already a heartbreaker.

Heather said...

He has your eyes! What beautiful pictures!!

Judy Schwartz Haley | CoffeeJitters.Net said...

ha - great story and "wompajawed" is a great word and I might borrow it from time to time.

Your hair, by the way, looks fabulous. It's got that tousled thing going and it works.

Michelle said...

Thank you so much for putting me on your blog roll! I put you on mine!

Shannon said...

Great memory to go along with a great pic... you both have pretty eyes!!

Thanks for visiting my "nuthouse"... please come back often!

Mar said...

What great pics! You son is going to be a heartbraker! Just look at those eyes :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Aunt Julie said...

The Pop'r Family loves horses for sure! Aunt Julie had a horse when she was a kid, even though she was deathly allergic. Her allergies got the best of her. When we took her to a rodeo a few years ago, she had to leave before the main event! Of course, she ignores her allergies and befriends all kinds of critters. Love the photos you posted!

leezee52 said...

Awesome photo!

Being Honest said...

Sweet Photos. I can't believe how many time you had to try to get a good photo. Now that is determination!

Jenny said...

What wonderful pics!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving such thoughtful comments! And for adding me to your blogroll!

I'm always looking to connect with others who are on or have been on a similar journey as ours. When I get a chance I would love to ask you more about Cowboy's journey with apraxia. It sounds like he has made amazing progress!

I also read some of your posts about the struggles with food allergies. We don't have any food allergies to deal with, but my heart goes out to you. I lost a good friend in high school to food allergies. They are serious and I'm sure it must be difficult to live with that constant fear of "what if". It sounds like you do an incredible job of always being prepared!

Aunt Julie said...

Love your photos! It's so fun to document your family's history and special moments this way, isn't it? BTW, Uncle Lynn has authorized another Great Pop'rs Giveaway--it starts tomorrow, so stay tuned!