As ya'll can imagine, I'm outside quite a bit with football and soccer practice, horseback riding, soccer and football GAMES, helping with the polo horses and then just your basic outings.
What I don't understand is how ALL of the bugs in TN can sniff me out like a bloodhound, hunt me down and choose my hunk of flesh to feast upon???
I was at a friends house last night and we sat outside for a while. I sprayed myself with bug spray (I've tried every kind in the world) and I STILL got gnawed on like a dogs chew toy! If I played connect the dots I'd have zodiac signs all over my body for crying out loud!
It's not JUST the bug bites either - when I get one - it welts up HUGE and I have the red spot remnants for MONTHS. I'm sure it has something to do with my LOVELY aura or whatever smell I emit (that's a sexy thought) from my skin - but SHEESH - is there a mosquito diet...because MODERATION FOLKS MODERATION! I wish there was a mosquito union I could address and mention the discrepancy in the amount of bites I get versus the amount of bites someone else gets.
The oddest things keep my mind churning at night and last night it was...I'm not quite sure I like the thought of a mosquito flying around after slurping my DNA into it's being. It does bring to question if a mosquito consumes enough blood to provide enough information to pinpoint human's DNA. I should say white blood cells since they are the ones that provide the genetic material. Yeah - I sometimes don't like to live in my own head with those kind of thoughts either. LOL I guess it's a good thing vampires DON'T walk this earth (well at least they don't walk in TN) because I'd be in trouble. Regardless, I think I've found my next new research topic ;>
What I don't understand is how ALL of the bugs in TN can sniff me out like a bloodhound, hunt me down and choose my hunk of flesh to feast upon???
I was at a friends house last night and we sat outside for a while. I sprayed myself with bug spray (I've tried every kind in the world) and I STILL got gnawed on like a dogs chew toy! If I played connect the dots I'd have zodiac signs all over my body for crying out loud!
It's not JUST the bug bites either - when I get one - it welts up HUGE and I have the red spot remnants for MONTHS. I'm sure it has something to do with my LOVELY aura or whatever smell I emit (that's a sexy thought) from my skin - but SHEESH - is there a mosquito diet...because MODERATION FOLKS MODERATION! I wish there was a mosquito union I could address and mention the discrepancy in the amount of bites I get versus the amount of bites someone else gets.
The oddest things keep my mind churning at night and last night it was...I'm not quite sure I like the thought of a mosquito flying around after slurping my DNA into it's being. It does bring to question if a mosquito consumes enough blood to provide enough information to pinpoint human's DNA. I should say white blood cells since they are the ones that provide the genetic material. Yeah - I sometimes don't like to live in my own head with those kind of thoughts either. LOL I guess it's a good thing vampires DON'T walk this earth (well at least they don't walk in TN) because I'd be in trouble. Regardless, I think I've found my next new research topic ;>









8 Comments:
Right there with ya, my dear. Mosquitoes fly from hundreds of miles just to feast on my flesh. The only repellant that works for me is by Avon: Skin-So-Soft Bug Guard Plus with Picaridin. And even then I have to spray a ton of it on my entire person. Sigh...
But you know why we taste so good? It's 'cause we're sweet. Super sweet, I dare say!
Go read Twilight--I promise, you'll be jumping on our bandwagon so fast it'll make your head spin!
Me, too!! But the thing is, I don't go outside!!! So how I end up with mosquito bites is beyond me. I think they know that I don't like to be outdoors so that is why they attack me.
My youngest gets a lot of bug bites too, and hers welt up. Her poor legs look awful in the summer :(
That happens to me too. Avon makes "Skin so soft" lotion that works wonders.
Just stopping in to say thanks for leaving a comment on my blog Tote and Tee that was featured on SITS!
I can totally relate to the mosquito action, I have always been the one they get. I guess we are extra sweet;)
Have a great day!
Amy
We have had the worst season with mosquitoes this year down here in my neck of the woods. And I guess with gas costs, our city has felt the need to cut back the mosquito truck runs.
Much to my shagrin....I mean really, I am a taxpayer.
Anywhoo, just make you a cute little outfit of moquito netting for the season. :-)
I am a bug magnet. I am like one of those Bug Zappers I draw the bugs!!!!! When I got married the gnats here had attacked me so bad that I had to wear long white satin gloves to cover all my bites.
Yea, we've got the nasty little gnats out our way. They not only bite, but burrow in beneath the skin. A good excuse not to do yardwork! I'm off now to Blog Around the World--come visit soon to see how you can go, too!
They love me too. Have you heard of the dryer sheet trick? Apparently carrying one with you repels them. I haven't tried it yet, though.
Post a Comment