*knock knock* Housekeeping...

I admit to being a slacker....not just your ordinary slacker either - A slacker of colossal magnitude! I've received several awards and noticed in the rules that you need to pass them on. Since I recently 'joined' I thought I'd get to know some of you ladies before I handed out the awards myself. Regardless, I want to thank you ladies for making me feel special AND welcomed. I need to hurry up and take care of them though before I need a seperate blogspace to accomodate them. A few of you may have already gotten these so sorry if this is a duplicate - just means that you're doubly UBER!

*******************************************************
Veggie Mom tagged me in a meme about quirky things about myself. It's actually taken me several days to figure out what is really quirky. I mean - my definition of quirky is probably COMPLETELY different than what is quirky to you. I don't know if my tolerance has grown so much having a quirky needs child but I couldn't come up with anything at first. So I asked the expert, Geekchef (DH) and he was MORE than happy (perhaps too much??) to help me figure out what was quirky about myself.

1. I don't like breathing hot air. Meaning I don't like someone right in my face, I don't like breathing the air that rebounds off of pillows back into my face. Saunas suffocate me.

2. The sound of a fingernail file drives me BONKERS! It gives me chills just to see one and to actually HEAR it....LOOK OUT! Getting a manicure or pedicure takes every ounce of strength I have not to flee screamking like a banshee with all the filing done in there. Haunted houses may have bladeless saws and such to scare people...all they REALLY have to wield is a nail file to send me running.

3. Geekchef calls it Princess in the Pea syndrome, but I don't like wrinkles or any little crumblets in my bed. I must also have the blanket on top pulled taut without wrinkles as well. No I don't iron my sheets...I just make sure I put them on the bed right after they are done in the dryer. Once the kids are gone and I'm not occupied with that - you never know though ;>

4. It bothers me when someone puts the napkins in the holder the wrong way. I like them to have the 'spine' facing out so that I only grab one at a time.

5. I don't like visors in a vehicle to stay down - I feel like they obstruct my view from floating cars or something and I feel out of sorts while they are down.

6. I don't like to hear silverware hit people's teeth.

That's IT!! I'm supposed to tag a few people and I can't recall who has done this and who hasn't. So if you haven't....CONSIDER YOURSELF TAGGED!! C'mon admit you're quirky!


*******************************************************

Hot Tub Lizzy and Dawn gave me the BRILLIANT Award!



And here are the rules:
1. Put the logo on your blog.
2. Add a link to the person who awarded it to you.
3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs.
4. Add links to these blogs on your blog.
5. Leave a message for your nominee on their blog.

WOW - 7 huh?

Carla at Katie-bug Journey
Jenny at Special Considerations
Michelle at The Madhouse of Fun
Carrie at Candid Carrie
Betty at Blog Around the World
John Deer Mom at John Deer Mom
Heather at Mindless Junque
******************************************************
Shannon gave me this awesome award. I feel like one cool kid!!


Kick Ass Blogger Award

Although - I do have to choose 5 other peeps that are as cool as me.

Hot Tub Lizzy
Dawn
Tammy
Lula
Jaci

*******************************************
Angie gave me the Sharing the Love award.





This one was started by a woman's journey for making sure she was thankful for those supporting her and around her during the good and bad times following the heart transplant procedure for her son.

I'm supposed to pass this on to those that shape my blog life, make me smile and giggle and support me through the bad times. Quite honestly, if you take a look at anybody listed on the left there, you'll see those ladies. So please, if you haven't already gotten this award and you're reading my site - this award is for you. Make sure you go read her story and remember what is important in your life.

9 Comments:

Cristin said...

I love your quirks! I can't stand utensils on teeth either... or listening to people chew...ewwww.. grosses me out!!

Lula! said...

WOW! For me? THANKS! I am honored, for sure. And you are awesome.

I'm also so with you on the hot air thing...my husband says I don't love him because I won't sleep face to face with him. I'm all, "Breath, honey...hot breath...it's suffocating me!" He doesn't understand. Sigh...

Shannon said...

You have great quirks! I'm the same way about napkins. If you can't replace them the correct way, then just leave it and I'll do it myself! :)

Jenny said...

Thanks for the award!

I love your quirks! I'm with you on the napkin thing. I always turn them around so the spine faces out. And then someone comes along to do a refill and leaves half correctly placed and then puts the other half in the wrong way. What's up with that?!

Dawn said...

Your quirks are great!! Thanks for the awards!!

Unknown said...

Wow, all awarded up!
Very funny quirks. You're a bit weird really aren't you? Napkins facing the wrong way? Snigger. Floating cars? He he he.

Tammy said...

Awww, I am honored! Thank ya'.

John Deere Mom said...

Woo hoo! Thanks for the love! Your quirky list was cracking me up. I wish I had the net sheet obsession. You would FREAK if you saw my bed right now...

Dawn said...

Thank you for the award! And congratulations on yours!!