For the Texas girls....

I was raised in the Dallas area so I have a great fondness for anything Texas. In the middle of 3rd grade, we moved to St. Louis which was a HUGE culture shock for me. We only lived there for a little over 1.5 years and moved to Atlanta where we only lived for another 1.5 years before moving back to the Dallas area again. It wasn't until I was 20 that we moved to TN.

In all of the TX posts I saw the ladies mention what it feels like to be a Texan - to bleed - eat and sleep Texan and the pride that is within almost every person from there.

Here is a story from when we first arrived in St. Louis.

I had a friend over one day and asked if she wanted to do something (I can't remember what it was now) and she said "I'm sorry I can't, I'm Jewish". My mom told me that I shrugged and said "oh, well I'm a Texan so lets do this instead".

In a lot of cases - being a Texan IS it's own religion and that explained it best for me.

Thanks for the TX tours ladies - it was great hearing all the tidbits!

5 Comments:

Dawn said...

That's funny! It's sort of like that here in cajun country. We seem to be a breed of our own. I also lived in Atlanta & Tennessee growing up and moved around a lot!

CaraBee said...

I love that Texan is a sort of religion! May I suggest for names: Texianity? Texology? or perhaps Texish?

Shannon said...

Oh, too funny!
I've never been to TX... will have to visit there one day!

T said...

lol at carabee and her Texianity! I have lived here in Texas all my life so I completley understand!! I really hate how tv always texans sound like idiots though!

Briana said...

LOL love this! Yes I'm in McKinney so I live by where you grew up! We love Texas. The saying goes, 'I wasn't born in Texas but I got here as quick as I could'.
:)