Xbox gives me a HEADACHE!

I decided to wait until tomorrow to post the misc trip pictures. I know I've given you picture overload so I thought I would share a somewhat funny with ya'll for today.

Ok - I have been fighting a cold/crud since we got back home. Matter of fact The Muz caught it too which in an 88 year old woman is a little alarming - thankfully she went and got medicine to head off pneumonia before it settled in.

ANNNYYYYWAYY...it's been awful with the sinus headache and the cough - nothing is cutting through the cough. I have coughing fits that make people think I'm about to keel over in their store. I can see "Do I need to call 911?" written on their faces. My good friend gets a kick out of it - at least she tolerates it...I guess she could hang up on me or plead busy but she doesn't. She just tells me "you'll get it here in a second".

We've been soooo busy lately and with the little amount of sleep I've been able to get with coughing, I was looking forward to Sunday since all we had was church - then home. I was going to spend Sunday RESTING....trying to get rid of this sinus headache and cough. I know that's why I'm not getting any better...I've only been getting MAYBE 3 GOOD hours of sleep a night.

So I had a family meeting and let everyone know under no circumstance were they supposed to come to me. If their head fell off, they needed to try to put it back on. If they cut their finger, they knew where the band aids were...and if anybody was hungry - they knew where the food was.

I curled up and got all situated on my chaise lounge...bag of cough drops, kleenex, drink, blanket, remote controls...I was SET! I did go in and out of sleep but I felt like it was good sleep which is what I was looking for. The Titans won too so that made me happy.

When it came time for the kids to go to bed, I was still sprawled on my lounge and told the boys to tuck themselves in bed or nag daddy about it. I leaned back about to enjoy the quiet part of lounging when Cowboy leaned over the balcony to tell me he loved me. The chaise lounge is downstairs and the balcony is right above. I heard him GASP so I looked up and coming right for my face was an Xbox controller. It smacked me right in the forehead. I yelped and let out a little cry and my husband came running in and looked at me...he gasped too.

I knew it was an accident so I tried not to make a big deal out of it...I'm sure Cowboy felt bad enough. Once Nerdfish shuffled them off to bed the tears started coming and I couldn't even get a word out. Nerdfish asked me how many advil I wanted as he was heading back down the stairs - 2 or 3. I told him it was a 4'er. He brought ice over and I was still crying which was a HUGE mistake since crying adds to the headache factor. That's when I felt it - the golf ball on my forehead and the blood. I had been hit in 3 spots - 2 lumps. 1 HUGE one above my eyebrow with a cut and 1 between my eyebrows. It hit my nose too.

Needless to say I had the headache of champions and STILL DO! It's still pretty swollen but I imagine it'll bruise up pretty good here by the end of the day. I should officially look like I've been beaten. Today isn't much of a problem...it's tomorrow - I'm supposed to work up at Cowboy's school/church and then I was going to help out at Itchy's class too.

I've talked about Monday type hangovers before...Mangovers - today I TRULY know the meaning. Who knew xbox controllers were so heavy when dropping from a second story balcony?

As I've mentioned in someone else's blog...I DO try to find the positive in life. Considering my headache is so bad I can hardly think - the only thing I can come up with is.....

AT LEAST I HAVE BANGS!

*OR*

We could use that as a basis for a science fair project - the speed and force in which an xbox controller falls and smacks your mom in the face theory.

8 Comments:

Lauren W said...

Oh dear... How terrible! And you know Cowboy just feels awful about it :/
I do hope you start feeling better and that the bruising isn't too bad.

BBB said...

Come on... give us a pic!!!

Jen said...

Don't feel too bad about looking like you've been beat.... I fell & landed on the side of the tub last weekend & have had the worst black eye & swollen cheek bone ever! And the worst part??? Customers at work have even asked me if my hubby hit me! Talk about embarrassing! I feel for ya!

CaraBee said...

I love that term, Mangovers, perfect. What a crappy day! Hope you're feeling better.

Shannon said...

Put your own head back on... LOL!

Hope you feel better soon!

Tracy P. said...

OH NO! Oh, you did way better than me at hiding your pain. I'm afraid when my kids hurt me, they know it.

I LOVE your vacation pictures. BEAUTIFUL!

Rhea said...

Oh, man. Seeing the picture, then reading the story, my head is really hurting for you. We have an xbox and the controllers and I can't imagine one landing on my head. They're heavy!!! You poor, poor thing!

Forget Advil, you need narcotics!

Angie's Spot said...

You poor thing! Yet one more reason that video game systems are outlawed in my house.