Watts Bar Lake Part 4!

Here's all the fun misc pictures from Watts Bar.

I'm sure I don't have to explain myself too much when I say this is one of my favorite pictures as well. This is a picture of The Muz (88 years old) and Itchy. He has the most mischievous look on his face - but the thing about The Muz is she LOVES that side of him - she gets the BIGGEST kick out of it. One of my friends sent her a koozie that had her name on it and it says BAD TO THE BONE. She brought it with her and used it the entire week while we were there. Thanks Jackie (if you read this) - I told you she loved it!



I thought this was a peaceful photo as well. I just want to go back and sit next to her again.

Betcha didn't know we saw Wall-e while we were there! He musta been looking for Eva LOL

As I mentioned - Itchy has a way with smack talking and being a little mischievous. Again, something we're trying to tone down. Well, you also don't want to play WAR with him because he CHEATS! What on earth am I going to do with this child?!?! He's a HEATHEN! At least he's an honest heathen...you can ask him if he's cheating and he'll fess up immediately.
First he bamboozled my mom....


Then my dad....



Nerdfish got in on the action.



I love my mom dearly but sometimes she's a bit OUT there....okie - more than sometimes. We all used to live in Dallas, Atlanta, and TN so we are familiar with the heat factor. They have since moved up to OH and acclimated to the cooler climate. I thought the woman was going to melt!! Not only that, she thought it would be perfect and quite stylish to wear headbands to help with the sweat. What a hoot - snag her some leg warmers and she's ready for XANADU! I think the only place I would have felt comfortable going with her IS a Xanadu audition. She even MATCHED them to her attire! ROFL At least when she's as old as The Muz I can tease her about her wonderful fashion sense for lake attire. Unfortunately, this is the best picture I have of her with her trendsetting accessory. Also, check out how smooth that lake was...Nerdfish loved showing off the speed of his new toy on that kind of water.











When The Muz got back from her boat ride, she was a bit wind blown - here she doesn't look like she had a good time but she hooted and hollered some.

I actually got out on the boat one afternoon with Itchy and Nerdfish (when Itchy made his big catch). I didn't catch anything but trees. Oh well, I didn't want to show up the boys anyway.

That brings us to our final family picture as we say goodbye to Watts Bar. I felt it only appropriate that I take a picture in all our lake attire glory...it wouldn't be the same without Olivia Newton-John. We had a GREAT time...I can't wait until we can do it again sometime. Thanks for everyone that has commented on our photos - I do get out of control with them but they are our story.

14 Comments:

Hippie Family... said...

too cute.. how much fun!!

BBB said...

I want a Muz.... can you clone her?? I miss my Granma so much...

Your mom is KILLING me with the headbands... my mom used to sport those things but fortunatly of late as sprouted some sort of fashion sense and is making wiser choices...

It does look like you guys had a total blast!! And you look AWESOME :)

oº˚ Homeschool Mom˚ºo said...

Love the pictures. My favorite is her sitting on the swing over looking the water. Thanks for sharing -- Much Love --

Dawn said...

What a relaxing trip!! Just curious - where did the name Muz come from??

CaraBee said...

Great pictures, it looks like you guys had such a good time. I love that picture of the Muz looking out at the lake from the swing. That one should be in a frame!

Tracy P. said...

Ditto everyone else. That swing by the lake is delicious, and that is QUITE the new toy boat! Beautiful! You need to make a coffee table book out of those pictures.

Cristin said...

I just love Grandmas! The Muz looks like such a sweetie... and Nerdfish?? Love that nickname!

Jen said...

WONDERFUL pics! Looks like you had a fantastic time!

Aunt Julie said...

Love the photos! You have a beautiful family--and looks like you had loads o' fun at the lake!!

Aunt Julie said...

BTW, Uncle Lynn answers your questions today over at my place in celebration of my Sweet Centennial. Please stop on by!

Aunt Julie said...

BTW, Uncle Lynn answers your questions today over at my place in celebration of my Sweet Centennial. Please stop on by!

Saving The Day said...

Xanadu ... now there's a word I haven't heard in a long, LONG time! Um, I think we just dated ourselves, Nik.

I simply adore the Muz! Please send her my love.

Great pics, Nik! It looked like a wonderful family vacay.

Jackie said...

Awwwwwwwwww...Nik!! I'm so glad you posted that! Muzzy lovin her little koozie...that just makes my day! And to think that I debated *quite a bit* on sending that to you....I mean it was USED......and was being used, when I stole it from my friend!!! LMAO!!! Muzzy reminds me of my Mom. EX: I was going to a "take off" purse party. You know like fake Coach purses and such?? Well, I decided to ask my Mom if she wanted to go. (She's 85 now...) She was out playing bridge when I called her so I left a message saying, "I just wanted you to know if you wanted to go to a TAKE OFF PURSE PARTY with me tonight..." She called my back and wanted to know what a *F*CK OFF PURSE PARTY* was!!!! LMAO!!

Oh Muzzy..........may you have MANY more wonderful fun years with her! What a Jewel!

Enjoyed your vacation photos and story!! Thanks!

Angie's Spot said...

The headband ROCKS! LOL!

Thanks for sharing the cute pics. You guys look like you had a wonderful time!