I'm going to have to separate this into several different days...maybe a week ;x I know I'm awful about taking a lot of photos but I realize it even more when your son yells from the backseat..."Hurry Mommy, take a picture of THAT before the light changes". I'm happy he appreciates the stories we tell with our pictures - but I draw the line when he turns into Steven Spielberg. Leave my picture taking experience ALONE...save up for a camera of your own little boy!
After Nerdfish (DH) caught his big 'ole fish about a month or so ago, my dad called and told us to find a cabin or house on a lake nearby where we could all meet up (including MY grandmother) for a week vacation. There were rules...it needed to allow pets and have enough room for us all to 'live' comfortably for the week. When we started looking through pictures of cabins and such I would hear comments (on the phone) from my mom about "oooh, they've decorated real country haven't they? I don't like that" "that's a little too rustic for me" I started worrying. I mean certainly she's not going to dismiss one because it has country decor???? IS SHE??? My dad ended up sending me a link to one that was GORGEOUS but it wouldn't really work well for the boys or The Muz (my grandmother) because of steep inclines and lots of stairs. After seeing the price he was willing to pay - I forwarded him the link of the house we ultimately ended up choosing. Granted, in THEIR eyes -it's pretty RUSTIC. LOL what do they expect out of a lake house right??? Besides, we're there for the lake - boating - fishing and the top priority...the company. Not the decor or if it had modern style lighting or updated furniture.
So we packed everything up and headed out!
Junk, luggage and food.....CHECK!
Two blue eyed boys......CHECK!!
So tell me, is this too rustic for you??


Testing out the volleyball/badminton net.

















8 Comments:
That didn't look too bad! Before looking at any pics (which are great, btw) I was picturing RUSTIC... as in one-room cabin! HA!
Looking forward to more...
Puh-lease, I wish my house were that nice! That looks like a wonderful getaway. Btw, the blue eyed boys sure are cuties!
Looks GREAT to me! LOL "rustic" is different to different people I guess.
*sniff* Miss those days of that kind of trip, miss that AREA too.
ummm.....hope they never need to come stay with me!! Lol....if that's rustic..not sure what you would call my house! :P It looks like great fun!
Your parents ... all I can do is laugh. LOL It reminds me of the time exDH and I were headed up to the cabin in Hayward, WI. We ran into a friend who was also headed "up north". exDH said "Hey, give us a call when you get up there" and the friend replied "Your cabin has a PHONE??" LOL .... like it must have been shangri la or something compared to his cabin. heehee
Good times, Nik. Believe me, your lakeside cabin was NOT rustic ... looks completely awesome to me!
Ohh.. that looks great! So fun :D
Wow, looks like the vacation was off to a great start! The only time I've spent time up on Watts Bar lake is when we attended a wedding at Whitestone Inn. Have you heard of it? Gorgeous property up there!
Rustic? I was picturing a tiny little cabin w/o many conviences... LOL! It looks like a wonderful vacation spot... can't wait to see more photos!
Post a Comment