I WON THE LOTTERY!!!

Okie not really - but it's similar.

If any of you have caught the news lately or live in the Southeast - you're familiar with the gas crisis facing the larger cities. Hourly waits in line for gas...and MANY gas stations don't have any at all. Not just that - you could wait in line FOREVER and they run out of gas while you're sitting there.

*I* was smart enough (I'm not saying other people aren't - I'm just saying I had more forethought than others) to fill up on Thursday. So when someone else of driving age in our household - I won't say who - realized they were on E and might not make it HOME from a soccer game - imagine my frustration. Since I was out and about with Cowboy and his football game and horseback ride-a-thon, I kept my eyes open for gas stations that HAD gas. Figured once I got home, I'd grab a nice magazine, take someone elses car, I won't say who, and sit in line and read in the quiet confines of the car - KIDLESS.

I went and sat in line for the gas station at the corner...not for long at all, when they ran out of gas. I then drove to the other one that had gas on my route home from the football game but remembered hearing someone at the BBQ place say this other one had only received 2000 gallons earlier and were limiting everyone to 10 gallons of gas. I thought - wow - could I make it back there in time?!? So I went and sat in the line - and sat - and sat - creeping...ever so s.l.o.w.l.y.

I GOT IT!!! I was one of 200 people lucky enough to get gas at this little town store today!! YEEEHAAAWWW! It's not actually 10 gallons it's more like 9.94 because you had to stop the pump at 39.93 (everyone was following this rule as there was a policeman standing there at the 4 pumps).

I would go back and buy a lottery ticket - but I'd have to use some gas for that. LOL I think I'll stay at home.

I promised fishing results pictures today - but I spent time sitting in a gas line. I'll post them tonight or tomorrow.

10 Comments:

MediMonsters said...

Congrats on your gas lottery!!! We haven't been having too much trouble getting gas and the prices seem to be holding steady.

oº˚ Homeschool Mom˚ºo said...

No gas shortage here! The prices here are 3.67. Not to bad! I seen higher prices on TV.

Dawn said...

Thank goodness we have gas here now! Congratulations on the gasoline lottery!!! It really is scary to me when you can't get any! Have a great weekend!

Saving The Day said...

someone else of driving age in our household - I won't say who

LMAO!

Yeah, there was no gas on post at Ft Benning, either.

M-A said...

I don't think cowboy is driving now...not yet anyway right?

we are lucky here our gas isn't bad.

congrats on the gas!

BBB said...

I wish to HECK they'd get the gas back around here. I mean... it's been OVER a week... we're in NORTH CAROLINA... THIS IS FREEKIN RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!

Shannon said...

Gas lottery, LOL!

Shane mentioned to me this past week that I should probably not wait until my tank got down to "E" before I get gas... oops, I am so bad about that! He got gas for me this morning and was limited to 10 gallons.

Hopefully it won't be too much longer before gas gets back to normal...

CaraBee said...

Luckily we didn't see much in the way of shortages, but the prices have gone back up. Yay.

Angie's Spot said...

Woo hoo!! Congrats on the gas lottery. We've been pretty lucky around my house, in that only a couple of stations have run out. The ones closest to me have been fine so far. However, after spending the weekend in Atlanta where gas was very sparse, I have a new appreciation.

John Deere Mom said...

I JUST heard about the gas shortage yesterday from another blogger in Georgia. Glad you hit the jackpot!!