Watts Bar Lake Part 3 - the PRIZE

Thanks for all the comment love about the art of fishing...now for the prize of fishing. We're asked all the time if we catch and fry or catch and release...we are indeed a catch and release family. Both of my children are mortally wounded if I kill a spider, I can't imagine what kind of therapy I would have to pay for if I actually killed a fish. Wait - let me rephrase that - if Nerdfish killed a fish - because I certainly wouldn't do it.

At the dock, there was TONS of blue gill and the boys honed in on the right bait to use and without exaggerating, they both caught 25-30 blue gill a day. I have a picture of each of them that I'll show you. ROFL - just kidding - I'm a freak but I'm not a weirdo. Sheesh :P

I guess we'll go youngest to oldest. Itchy's first blue gill catch. The Muz is in the background (my grandmother).


We took him out on the boat one evening just to have an "Itchy and Us" moment since Cowboy usually goes with Nerdfish - he caught his fist Bass. I called him Bass Master after that because he wasn't fishing - he was just telling ME how to catch a fish. LOL STINKER I love this picture because of the proud daddy moment too.

Cowboy's first blue gill.


Cowboy's big catch of the week. This happens to be one of my favorite pictures of him too.



Then there is Nerdfish...Day one.

Day Two


Day Three


He caught a good size one at the dock too but I didn't get that one. You'll also notice there isn't a picture of my dad with any fish. Poor guy bought and used just about every lure in Bass Pro Shop and didn't catch a thing. Nerdfish showed his giving side and offered to let my dad reel one of his in once he hooked it. ROFL I also didn't catch any - but yet I only made about 7 casts before we could tell a storm was moving in and we better high tail it back to the house. Believe me, the wind was AWFUL.

Regardless, I think all the boys enjoyed fishing and just being together. I know I loved watching them do their thing. I have a group of misc pictures I'll post tomorrow.

7 Comments:

oº˚ Homeschool Mom˚ºo said...

Love the pictures. I love me some fish. I like to bass fish but only eat catfish. Make any since. Thanks for Sharing -- Much Love

Shannon said...

Great pics! Love the one of Cowboy's big catch and the one of Itchy's 1st bass!

Shane has taken Drama Princess fishing a few times... Little Miss has no interest whatsoever!

Lauren W said...

I love those pictures :)
What fun family memories!

Dawn said...

I had to laugh when you said you'd show pictures of each of the fish they caught! It looks like everyone had a great time! And now Itchy can teach all those grown men (and women) how to fish!!!

CaraBee said...

I remember going fishing with my parents when I was a kid and being so excited when we would catch the little fish. And just as excited to throw them back. Great pictures!

Jenny said...

Those are great pictures! It looks like all the guys had such fun!

Angie's Spot said...

Very impressive trophies there! Looks like y'all had a blast, with the fishing at least. LOL!